Singaporean man’s Bangkok airport mix-up leads to arresting headlines

Replicate arrested at Don Mueang International Airport in Bangkok for allegedly stealing the belongings of a German man insists it was all a mix-up.
Teo Yu Xuan Kenny was trying to board a airplane house when Immigration Bureau officers swooped to apprehend the Singaporean for the alleged theft of 100,000 baht in cash, a laptop, and a passport belonging to a German tourist staying in the identical Pattaya lodge. Private said it was a mistake on behalf of the hotel. Staff had reportedly combined up room numbers 614 and 416.
Kenny and his three associates had flown to Thailand on Thursday, July 6, and deliberate to return home on Monday, July eleven. The mix-up occurred when Kenny’s friend, generally known as Chee, checked out of his room. While Chee and two other Singaporean friends left the resort at 11am on Monday, Kenny decided to remain in his room slightly longer.
Kenny said
“The hotel employees tried to contact Chee to gather objects that he supposedly left behind in Room 614 but failed to reach him, so they requested me to gather them instead. I went down to the reception and collected a laptop computer and a small sling bag.”
Unbeknownst to Kenny, the bag contained 86,000 baht and 150 euros (6,000 baht) in money, in addition to a BMW automotive key. Kenny stated that he did not verify the bag and easily assumed it belonged to his good friend, because the T Pattaya Hotel employees had assumed as well. Kenny’s friend, Daniel Oei said…
“Kenny did not think much of it as a result of he had seen Chee with a laptop on their trip.”
On Monday, because the Singaporean friends had been about to board their flight on the Bangkok airport, Kenny was unexpectedly arrested by airport police.
The German tourist staying in room 416 had filed a complaint with the Pattaya Police regarding the alleged theft. Kenny was detained by both the immigration police and the vacationer police in Pattaya for 20 hours. Recounting his experience, Kenny said…
“I was arrested around four.35pm on Monday and held at the airport till midnight on Tuesday.”
Afterwards, Kenny was taken again to Pattaya, a two-hour drive away, where he was saved in a holding cell till 1pm before giving his police statement. Two of his associates returned to Singapore first, whereas certainly one of them stayed behind to post bail for him. Kenny’s passport was withheld in the course of the ongoing police investigations, but it was returned to the Singaporean at midday on Thursday after the case was dropped. The police dismissed the case as a misunderstanding. Oei said…
“The police investigation confirmed, after reviewing CCTV footage offered by the lodge, showing the hotel’s staff calling my pal and asking him to retrieve the objects. The victim’s room was at 416, and my good friend was at 614.”
Kenny revealed that he had spent roughly 70,000 baht in authorized fees and an extra 17,000 baht for 2 further nights of resort lodging and his flight residence. He said…
“This complete incident has been a nightmare and really disruptive for me. My plans at work have all been held again.”
The news reports primarily relied on a Facebook post by the Thai Immigration Police, which acknowledged that they had arrested a Singaporean man for “robbery or receiving stolen goods” on Monday.
Kenny talked about that the resort apologised to him and provided free-stay vouchers as compensation. However, the lodge has not responded to the story.
Original story:
Immigration Bureau officers acted swiftly to arrest a Singaporean man at Don Mueang International Airport in Bangkok after he stole belongings and one hundred,000 baht in money from a German man. It took officers less than an hour to apprehend the thief who tried to flee the country along with his stolen haul.
Immigration officers obtained a criticism concerning the Singaporean thief, Teo Yu Xuan Kenny, from a lodge in Pattaya yesterday, July 10. According to the hotel, a German guest had entrusted them with his valuables, including 100,000 baht in cash, a laptop, and his passport.
The Singaporean thief approached the lodge workers, deceitfully claiming ownership of the gadgets, and managed to walk away with every little thing before testing of the resort.
Officers discovered that Kenny was travelling to Don Mueang Airport to return to Singapore. At four.35pm on the same day, officers managed to arrest Kenny. All of the stolen belongings had been seized and returned to the German sufferer.
The Superintendent of the Chon Buri Provincial Immigration Office, Parinya Klinkaysorn, recommended the effectiveness of the operation, emphasising that it took solely 50 minutes from the time the complaint was filed to the arrest of the suspect..

Leave a Comment